Aug 18, 2007

Kinder Kountdown: Day 9

Again with Daddy gone we (meaning the short Kendall set) needed much distraction. Funny how if he was just at work or playing hockey they wouldn't think twice. But the knowledge that he is not in the city makes it unbearable... Anyhow, I spent the morning cleaning up after 'The Urinator'. This time I did so somewhat happily, if that is possible, as it was pretty much my own fault. With Crit gone overnight, I left him out as my substitute protector, heh.

Afterwards, we headed to the grocery store with mom and dad. We were attempting a grandchild buffer between mom and Granny during a usually trying time for them. It seemed to have worked but the kids came home with gifts which wasn't my intention. Little J's new "twoy" is a Spiderman who rides a four wheeler and smashes into everything. Right up his all-boy alley. He "wuvs" it! Miss A received a Barbie horse who eats clovers, cheese and hay. She has been much into horses since camp and really adores her present. I'm not sure how endlessly feeding a plastic horse the same 6 miniature pieces of chokable plastic is fun... but apparently it is and I "just don't understand mom".

After naps we had over the Keas crew. The kiddos made their own pizzas. And while none of them seemed to LIKE the finished product, they had fun making them.






post signature

No comments: