All morning A asked to go to Radijazz. She missed the last trip because she was at camp and has stated ever since that "it wasn't fair". (As if we duct taped her to the closet door and left without her or something. She was at CAMP for cryin' out loud!) Because Crit wasn't leaving for OK until noonish, we told her no. Instead we spent the morning with Daddy having breakfast and chatting. After he left, mainly as a distraction for the sad and slightly pathetic kiddos who were missing Daddy before he was even down the road, we headed for the sprinkle park. Luckily, this place never fails to impress them. I thought I would read so I left my camera at home. (smacking myself on the head here.. of COURSE I never read a word) At any rate,
my friend J had her camera and got a couple of my crew. Hope you don't mind my noiking these J :)

So while we are at the park,
another friend J who's husband works essentially until after dark, and who's sister was in town visiting, suggested
Radijazz for play and dinner. Alexis cleared the ground a few feet at least in excitement. Again, I left my camera home knowing it's too dark in there to get many good shots. (I'd end up tossing 99% of them.) So I brought my book in a second attempt to read. This time the trade for my lack in discipline was having an amazing time with my kidlets. We played. We laughed. We dealt with Alex's sugar rush after an entire Gatorade... ha!
The kids barely made it home awake!
No comments:
Post a Comment