With Baby Doll heading off to school, I feel like all I ever get to blog about is Lil'J stuff. I'm so happy we made the choice to keep the big kids involved in our playgroup, with their own little subgroup. Last Wednesday, the 1st grade grasshoppers (some of them) met up for their Science event. With Halloween around the corner, Jenn showed up with quite the interesting project. The kids read and learned about owl's eating habits and their digestion process. Then... dissected some regurgitated owl pellets! I was pretty well grossed out (for lack of a better word) about what they were 'playing' with, but once A broke into hers, I may have knocked her out of the way and finished the dissecting on my own. She uttered something about it being "disgusting" and asked to go play anyway so I don't feel too guilty ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment