Sep 1, 2008

{Ooh, fishy, fishy, fishy fish!}


We've tried numerous "activites" with our girl.... ballet, tap etc. Most things were met with an "awwww" when it was time to leave for lessons. But swim? Wow, Our little fish! She adores it and is progressing so MUCH faster than she ever did in the past.



She takes lessons at Nitro Swim. Nitro is an ingenious idea! You are alone in your learning, not part of the group. You don't have to wait for the rest of your class to progress forward. You don't have to move beyond your capabilities if you are not quite there. You are assessed as an individual.

God, If only our educational system could follow suit.


Three things appear on my to do list in viewing this picture.
1) Hug my adorable Baby Doll.
2) Loosen her raccoon branding googles. (ouch)
3) Open account to start saving for braces. NOW!



(quick image of my lilJ. He sits quietly and practices his ABCs through her entire lesson! He is progressing at warp speed. I'm so amazed at how quickly he picks things up and how much he wants to learn!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I've heard GREAT things about Nitro. Since we're so close to Emler, we'll probably try there and see how we like it.

And on a sidenote, I don't think our educational system will be that way anytime soon. As a former teacher, I see much need for change. Don't even get me started on how our ed. system is built on a factory-corporate model.

Seriously. That's how I felt many times with what us teachers were told to do. Ugh.

*sigh*

Unknown said...

So glad Nitro is working out for you guys! I told ya it was good! :)

amen on the School syst. wouldn't it be nice.