In our playgroup, we have come full circle with the alphabet. Starting over at Aa, we thought we'd jump beyond and begin some lapbooking that the kids could continue to refer back to. For the first 2 weeks, we began A is for Ant. We decorated A's, created an ant mini-book and made thumbprint ants. While we intended to add on the the books with each A playdate, lilJ and I just couldn't wait. OK, I couldn't wait. And he was all for it as he is VERY crafty lately. We looked all over online and found did the things that caught his eye. We added a maze, a matching game, practice sheets (he really loves these I swear) and a life cycle book. All things laminated so he could do them over and over and over again. He also did a lot of coloring :) I love how it came out!
What a fun poject, Mollie! Kimmy loved practice sheets too; she still does, in fact. But if those practice sheets are renamed homework and have to be done by a certain time they very quickly lose their appeal in the eyes of my 5th grader. ;0) I hope J continues his love of learning. :0)
1 comment:
What a fun poject, Mollie! Kimmy loved practice sheets too; she still does, in fact. But if those practice sheets are renamed homework and have to be done by a certain time they very quickly lose their appeal in the eyes of my 5th grader. ;0) I hope J continues his love of learning. :0)
Post a Comment