Dec 28, 2007

Oh no! Here comes the Macaroni Art?

I do not have the most beautifully fabulous traditional tree in the world but I have always been particular about the style of ornament that goes onto it. It's not really "me" but rather a kind of a rustic wood carved primitive Americana look-n-feel. Yah. unsure how that started. Regardless, I have carefully picked them all myself. Critter doesn't bother (not that he would care to) but if he did have the desire, it's kind of like loading the dishwasher. He knows to just leave it to me because it won't be right anyway.(love you hon) The only additions to my purchases are teeny ones the parentals have purchased for their grandkids (that include their names) and a couple given to me by my BFF that were honestly right up my ally! Snowboards and mittens and another angel Rottie for our pup who passed the year before.

I always dreaded the arrival of macaroni ornaments. With having kids I knew that sooner or later they would start pouring in. I still remember the ones my parents were forced to display. Dorky me in a girl scout brownie suit surrounded by green circles that were supposed to be a wreath... or construction paper trees sporadically covered in colored elbow macaroni... Oh the horror. Right?

My first art arrived. And no, I do not use the term loosely. I truely do love it. Am I blinded my mommy pride? Or is it the most gorgeous macaroni ornament you have ever seen ever in your entire life ever???

(Please don't answer. I'm loving them regardless of the truth)

This one is a glass globe, filled with glitter and adorned with her finger prints (snowmen), and hung with pretty red tulle. The other side says "hello mom dad and Jordan" :)



This is my first macaroni ornament. Isn't it stunning? I heart it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I still have a necklace Uncle Paul made for me one Christmas as a school project. It was made of linked paperclips that were covered with brown contact paper. I:
wore the *#$&# necklace
looked hideous
hated the teacher
dreaded the next Christmas
still loved the child