Now don't laugh but one memory was going to breakfast each morning and picking out my Captain Crunch cereal. I had just discovered it that year and could have honestly eaten it each and every meal. I had a slight obsession with it. (Yes, my priorities are odd)
As "an adult", I have not purchased Captain Crunch all that often. I'm sure it's due to my ability to talk myself out of "junk" food, for the most part, while AT the grocery store. I always hate myself later, in the wee hours of the munchy infested night, for having this special talent. None the less, it never ends up in my pantry. I do however, think of my camp days every time I pass by it at the store.
What possessed me to purchase it this last week is beyond me. Maybe I was on a sugar low when I went shopping. In any case, it ended up coming home with me. Well now, the kids have discovered it. The kids eat it like it's going out of style. By the fistfuls.
This morning Little J stole my camp memory. He has literally managed to overlay my special childhood thoughts with one that will forever make me think of him. From now on, as I stroll down the cereal aisle, I will giggle as I walk past the "Crappin' Munch".
What a nut!

3 comments:
OMG!! LOL!
Hey my hubby was a camp counselor there when he was a teenager! He has very fond memories of working there! He'd probably still be a camp counselor if it was a lucrative profession! :-)
Crappin' Munch... cereal for those who need to let loose.
My memories of Pine Cove consist of Mr. Moose and daddy longlegs.
Post a Comment