Fast forward three years. Crit has now begun accusing me of not potty training our not quite three year old Little J, in an attempt to "hold onto my baby". Now, I do not know if there is an unconscious truth to this or not, but I am willing to do whatever I can to prove him wrong (wink wink honey).
First we pulled out the ridiculous "royal potty" I obtained via Freecycle months ago. This annoying invention is shaped like a thrown of all things. It plays royal intro-type music when it is shaken at all. And the pis de resistance?... it plays a slightly more annoying strumpet when something breaks the light beam while falling into the basin. What in the world will they think of next?
So, I canceled plans and plunged into the task after dropping AEK off at school. After several accidents (all on the tile, yea!) we finally made it TO the potty. Well...Sort of. I had been asking every 20 or 30 min if he had to go. No, No. Always No. Finally I see him run to the potty on his own and sit down. I figure he is just sitting to watch Noggin for a moment. But then I see him hop up and shout "MOM, I did it!" And sure enough he had. And unfortunately for all, it was still attached. This is the part where you see me frantically running, in slow motion mind you, toward the boy shouting "Don't move. Stay still. And WOO HOO for you!" He of course does not listen. In his excitement and with all his leaping about, it falls to the floor... and rolls a couple feet or so. Stopped only by the boys stepping down INTO it. I would hope that all of this would really bother the average person. But not a mom. I am cheering and hugging. All the while trying to inch him towards the disinfectant bath.
He hasn't gone in the potty again since but he sure was having fun trying.


4 comments:
OMG, that is RIDICULOUSLY funny!!! I'm sure he'll thank you for this post someday. HA!
That's "Biscusting" as Simon would say! Poor mom! Great Job Jordan!!!
Hilarious! And, um...gross...But, WAy To GO, Lil' J!!!
(jenn)
Fantastic post. I could just see the whole thing happening. I'm still laughing. Congrats J!!!!!
Post a Comment