This girl was EX-CI-TED! She hopped right out of bed, talking a mile a minute, and was ready to go. Lots of smiles on the way there and all the way into the classroom (as you can see).



No looking back. I got a wave behind the back as I left. I stood in the hallway and watched her muddle around with the crayon box labeled with her name. I literally had to force myself to not rush back in and open the box for her. Such a strange reaction knowing that if we were at home, I'd make her work it out on her own. And yes, I pathetically welled up in the hallway, holding my breath to not look the fool gazing across the room at my little girl. I had to go. I was in full and complete bawling mode by the time I hit the car. I had to compose myself in the car before going in. Critter was in there. Jordan was in there. Five fellow new Kinder moms were on their way over. I was greeted inside by a "You're not REally crying ARE YOU?". Not helpful. The tears started to build up again. I'm not really sure what I might have done had I not had my friends there. We all chatted about our first days. About our tears. All the while pouring pain-killing/celebratory mimosas. It's done. I went over that hump.
I didn't get too much information out of her about her first day of school other than hearing about "disgusting Josh who farts and gets in trouble all the time". When asked about her favorite parts of the day, she said "recess, lunch, and waving at me when she saw me in the pick up line". I'm not sure if I should be worried about her education or be flattered that I made the top 3. Yes, it's only the first day, I understand. Hopefully I'll get more tomorrow.

4 comments:
Hugs to you!!! She looks so happy and ready to conquer Kinder. I will be in your shoes next year when my little man goes to school. May have to have something stronger than a mimosa ;-)
Awwww! That made me cry! Man, I'm going to be a mess in a few years! Glad you made it through. A looks very happy to be there. ((HUGS))
I'm so excited! One hump down for mom... a million to go. You raised her so well!
Awww!!! Your pics are awesome, Mollie!!! Look at that face, it says it all. Way to go momma, YOU did it.
Post a Comment