Jun 18, 2007

Just when you think it's a waste...

By 1:45, it had already been "one of those days". If you are not familiar with the daily drama that is my life, it most always contains continuously bickering kids, a magically self-dirtying house, random attacks of a urinating canine and insane mold allergies. I had given up all hope on the day. Just by some random thought, I checked my calendar. I'm not really sure why. I didn't intend to go anywhere. None of the three of us dressed, I was shocked to read that Miss A had gymnastics in 15 minutes! It had completely escaped my memory. In record time, we dressed and flew out the door. I was un-make-uped, which is almost completely unheard of! On a whim, I grabbed my camera on the way out. I thought to myself that I was almost not in the mood to take pictures. This too, also unheard of. But then considered that it might be the only thing that could cheer me up.

I took A to her gymnastics and decided to drop J in the kids gym. I thought I'd take a walk around the grounds. Just when I thought my day was a waste, I ran across this...


They were the cutest things in the whole world! I must have taken 30 pictures of them. Eventually they, like my friends and family, got fed up with my camera. Momma got up and waddled away with all her babies following close behind in a perfect line.

...ducks in a row ya know. Unfortunately I blew out the shots of them swimming away.

A whole hour of aloneness combined with great camera practice time out there wandering in the woods. Practice Practice Practice. Ima step closer up understanding what I'm doing. The day was not a waste after all!


post signature

1 comment:

D said...

Oh wow, wow, wow! What an awesome photo opportunity! I saw a family of chickens run across CF the other day and almost pulled over. So cute!

I love the waterfall pics. Playing with shutter speeds?? Good job!
D