Apr 30, 2007

whata bum

I am the epitome of laziness! When I run to the mailbox while the kids are asleep, I am actually winded! And in case you are wondering, the mailbox is only three houses, including my own, down the street. So really I am only going 2 and a half houses. BUT in fairness, I have to come back. Five houses. Five. This is all it takes for me to become tired. This is truly a sad display of what I've become. Me. The one who used to ride her cruiser EV-ER-Ywhere. All over Austin. Hours and days and months and years of riding the streets and now I'm this unhealthy mess. Granted.. this was 15 yEARs ago but that shouldn't be an excuse for what I am today. Can I bitch about this to anyone? Nooooo. I'd be shot! "urrr so skinneeeeee. what are you comlaaaaaining about.". Fast forward to the future and you'd now be able to see me through the screen flipping them off right now. They (luckily) don't see what I see. Why do I have to judge myself next to another. Fine. I'm not here for them. I'm here for me and in my opinion, I should be more toned. As I age, when life starts to slow down, I don't want to be "tired" all the time because I'm not fit. I don't want all the health problems because I am weak. Sure. My desire is great. Now will somebody throttle me over that hump of getting me in the groove of the gym?? Playgroup has started two nights a week of meeting at the school and exercising. First meeting was tonight. I have to say that even though every last muscle is screaming right now, and I'm wishing I had a banana tree in my yard as I'm sure I'll wake yelping with leg cramps, I really enjoyed it! We walked, we ran, we played soccer.... It was so wearing and SO fun! What stopped me from the gym last year was my lack of workout partners! And now it looks as though I have that back. I am ready to go. So excited!!
post signature

1 comment:

Jamielouwho said...

I had a blast too! It was just as fulfilling as GNO but without the guilt....but my body definitely knows it wasn't GNO. Ouchie.

I'm glad to have my workout buddy back too!