Mar 6, 2007

Austin Kite Festival


Today the fam all went out to see the Austin Kite Festival. I was really looking forward to it as I hadn't been in a while. Trips out of town, illnesses, and pregnancy forced me to miss this loved event for several years now. The last I remember was the 12yoMan and I taking our baby/pup Kaiaa out there to mingle with the other dogs. We were kidless then so I know it's been a while.

It was an incredibly beautiful clear day, despite my raging allergies. I truly thought that the kiddos would enjoy this as well. Being outdoors. People, kids and dogs everywhere. Hundreds of kites filling the skies. Little J was ok but Sweebea was less than impressed. I heard a wife ask her husband as we passed if he was ready to go. His reply, "Yes, The moment has passed for me." I'm not sure she had even one moment. My girl repeated relentlessly that she wanted to go home. Was it time to go. Can you buy me something so I'm not so bored...... She let up only when mommy and daddy threatened to tie her to a tree and come back for her later if she didn't quit whining. She might have been ok if we had let her rock climb as she begged to do. But neither of us was prepared to stand in that hour long line just to do it once and then leave. She snapped out of it when she was told we could leave the crowd and play over at Zilker for a bit and then head out to eat.

If she doesn't like the energy of a crowd then I have to wonder who's child she is really. I get such a charge from that kind of environment. I love to go into downtown Austin. Although I love my house and the things LCP has brought me, I miss the city tremendously. I need to find more to do there on a regular basis. I, of course, used the festival event to shoot a million and a half photos. Here are a few favorites... Enjoy.

Festival Photos


No comments: