Jan 4, 2007

The Ultimate EBay Score

What is it with me and eBay bargain shopping? It is a full addiction for me and if I ever wanted to quit, this moment proves to me I shouldn't! I have seen the Leapster game for a couple years now. It's a handheld educational game system that forces the kid to complete certain learning tasks before moving on with the video game. Very cute. Back when we were searching for video games, Alex was only 3 and I didn't think the Leapster would work for her. Smart as she was, it is geared for 5-8 year olds I thought. So we decided the Vsmile instead. AuntR and UncleJ picked it up for her for Christmas. It had more games for 3-5 year olds. Obvious choice. Fast forward. Jamie told me she bought a Leapster for MrA for Christmas this year. She went on and on about how awesome it was and how much he liked it. When we were there for NYE, Alexis could not put it down. So of course now I need one and obviously I will seek it out on eBay to get the ultimate deal. That's me right? Well never in a million would I have guessed that I would have scored THIS deal! I figure I don't need one new and shiney. They are just going to beat the hell out of it anyway eh? So I search. Gotta get games... need a recharger (batteries are so evil!)... would like a case....... I email a lady that I found. New buyer selling the game, case, charger and 9 (yessir 9) games! The auction has been on for 2 days. 5 to go. Auction only at $25ish at this point. So I emailed her that we are going on a road trip (lie) and would like one for my daughter. I told her that I had emailed several ppl on eBay with similar auctions (another lie) and that I wanted to know if she was willing to add a Buy It Now for me and at what cost would she consider ending this. She says her reserve is $80..... ***80***??? Ok lady. 4 games alone are worth $80! White on rice I emailed her back that I'd take it. $80 plus $15 shipping for all that? This is an awesome deal! So I ask what the prices are for quicker than 3 day shipping. She responds that next day was $60, 2 day $25 or the 3 day select for $15 which (get this...) "is included in the reserve"!! Amazing! Sold!! Next, before bed, I put the $80 bid in so she can end the auction with me as the high bidder. Shockingly, someone bids it up to 79 before the lady ends it. The next increment is me at $80 so I win. If I were this lady.. and luckily I am not and am not forced to wander through life this ignorant.. I would have told me to forget it. The auction still had 4 days on it and clearly was going to go well over $80! I feel a certain amount of guilt here for allowing this poor lady to let this set go for this price. But live and learn right? I have a hopefully awesome game system on it's way and A has no idea. She is going to be sooooo excited!!

Hasta,
~mk~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. And is anyone wondering why A is so...uhmmmm CREATIVE??? And I now know better than anyone that the child carries two of those genes!