
Well, the evil vile death dust has grounded me for the weekend. I just said my goodbyes to half my family, off to Houston. Had to make a second trip out to the car for one more goodbye kiss. This is the first time, in her 5 years, that Sweebee and I have been apart for more than one night. That one night was when I was in the hospital after having Jordan. She had Gramma with her then and she'll have her with her now. A bit of a solace but very much still sad for me. It seems unreal to me. I have friends who would send their kids off for the weekend, the week, a month, even a whole summer. I can't fathom that! I'm sure most of them would throw in their 2 cents that our degree of non-separation is unhealthy but who asked them anyway. They are little only once and boy does it fly by! I remember clearly holding her and bawling in the hospital from lack of sleep... I remember holding her nursing and literally hallucinating from lack of sleep... I remember bouncing her, swinging her, rocking her during the colic months and again, delirious from lack of sleep. Appealing, I know. But I wouldn't change a thing. And this being my first time to be away from her for 43 hours-ish... what will I do? I think I'll sleep.
~mk~

No comments:
Post a Comment