Today we drove to La Grange, about 2 hours away, with the TLTP group to tour The Jersey Barnyard. This is a working family dairy farm that does not pen their cows. It was a wonderful find! The kids started with petting a donkey, or as Jordan yelled numerous times "Donae, me a pet da donae"! Then they got to feed the goats. Jordan was a little worried about them, justafiably since they kept getting OUT through the fence and stealing the kids feed cups, heh! After that, each kid took a turn and actually milked a cow, Alexis' favorite part! I don't know who was more excited about that one, Alexis or ME! At least I was more excited than any grown adult should be ;) The kids pet a 'petable' chicken, some cute baby calves, huge rabbits and a gignormous pig. All the while I was chasing my children with antibacterial gel! ;) Jordan had a gobbling war with a big 'ol turkey. We all went on a hayride up to where the cows were and got to see the milking areas. My favorite part was getting to feed a huge bottle of milk to a baby calf. Well.... I was supposed to do it but the kids noinked it from me, heh! Then we finished the day with a bowl of ice cream made with their milk :) The kids and I had a blast!







No comments:
Post a Comment