Apr 8, 2009

{Kendall Kommune: step one}

We are growing our own food. Then we'll dabble in rain barrels, composting and cloth weaving........ ok, maybe not so much. But the food part is true enough. {and maybe the compost}

If you know my hubby, you know he doesn't do anything half-way. Some people might make a 5x5 garden in the corner of the yard. Oh no, not Critter. He got a wild hair and now we're equipped with one hundred and eighty square feet of planting space. Some people may go to Walmart and buy a handful of packets of random seed. Oh no, not Critter. We have enough non-GMO, organic seed to plant an acre for seven years! No... I'm not exaggerating!

I grabbed a few shots of the boys {Critter, Jordan and Aron} building the other day. This is the first of three raised gardening beds. This weekend will come the painting and dirt and seeding :) I should have done it last weekend. Plenty of light... since there were two full moons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

The two full moons! LOL! How cute..they're matching!

Unknown said...

oh come on, what did you bribe them with???

Jill said...

I know... You photo shopped that or they posed it!! - the gal with the 5x5 in the corner of her yard! haha

Stefanie said...

This picture cracks me up...totally something Jamie and Drew would do!!!!

Kristin said...

OMG!!! I love the double moons! You brought a smile to my very morose face. :0)