Jun 22, 2008

The Graduate!

The kids stood up, turned around and sang a song to an auditorium full of hundreds of family and friend. I fought back crying. I had her sing it to me and my old camera later when we got home. Some day, when I find the cables, I'll post it. Assuming I don't cry again. It was sung to the tune of 'New York New York'.

Start spreading the news.
We're leaving today.
We want to be a part of it,
First Grade, First Grade.

We're ready to go.
We've worked very hard.
We want to be a part of it,
First Grade, First Grade.

We know our ABCs and 123s so well.
We've worked at sounding out words
And stories to tell.

Just ask us to rhyme.
We'll say "tens" and "pens".
We've learned to share and get along
With all our friends.

So now we've made it here,
We'll make it anywhere.
We're on our way
First Grade, First Grade.


Opp.... tummy twisting again. Better stop remembering. My baby is growing too fast! Here are some photos from the day.




No comments: