Hubby gave me a gift certificate for Lake Austin Spa Resort!
Yup! That'll be me!!This could not have come at a more ideal time in my life. I know he knew this.
I've been eating stress for breakfast. I'm busier these days, yes. But somehow I seem more wound up than I should be. I can't relax. I toggle between feeling happy to drepressed to empty, as though I'm missing or forgetting something. Like I can't catch up with my life! So needless to say, I can hardly wait to go!!
(now the trick is figuring WHEN I can go! Ah, the irony...)
I also received cards galore. Baby Doll made these at school.
These are pages of a book. While funny and cute, it choked me up a bit.


Yes, I'm a regular Gordan Ramsey

Not quite my favorite show but how pathetic would I have looked if she had written The Young and the Restless??

Particularly funny, as most of you know, I'm anti-shopping girl (girl girl...). Yes, if I actually had a cape, it might say that. And if I am beaten into submission and forced to go shopping, I avoid malls like the plague! I'm guessing I should discuss with Baby Doll about copying the person next to you's paper. (You's?... is that a word??)

For those of you why cannot decode that one, it says 'tak pischrs'. Loosely translated, take pictures. At least she got that one right! A gorgeous drawing of me and my camera. Looks slightly painful, doesn't it?

Aren't I the looker? Yes, the two times a year I put on a dress, she does get very excited and compliments me continuously. Poor girl got a tomboy as a mommy! No wonder she begs for dresses at every turn!

I be likin' when she be bein' good ;)
{Quick Vent: While this book excited me so, I'm a little horrified as to her spelling progress. She used to spell very very well. When she asks me how to spell something, I sound out the word slowly and let her write the letters as she hears them. I've seen them in class working. They are left to figure words on their own and call it "inventive spelling". I see how teachers don't have time for sitting and sounding each and every word with each and every child, but it obviously is having a backwards effect on some of them. Most importantly, mine! Thank goodness that summer is coming and we can go back to my way. Maybe she'll catch back up to her former glory before 1st starts.}

Back to the cards. Yes, they were making these on Mother's Day morning, while I made them breakfast, but it doesn't stifle the sentiment for me.

I can't leave out Little J. It's, ummmm, artistic? So I'll let you admire and interpret it for yourself.


And in case you were wondering, no, it didn't open.
Isn't is magnificent??
Until,
Mollie

1 comment:
oooooo!! Enjoy your time at Lake Austin Spa. I've been twice and it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!
Loved their cards. :0)
The inventive spelling should disappear as A goes through 1st grade. They start taking spelling tests and learning phonics (or they are supposed to!)
Don'tcha just hate it when you see your kiddo actually LOSING ground in areas you know they are capable! uggg!! been there, still doing that. :0( She's one smart cookie, so I know you can get her back on track if you can find the time to work with her. :0)
Lots of hugs to ya' Mollie! I've been thinkin' about you and wondering how you were doing.
Post a Comment