And then there is me. Every time I think about leaving, I get nervous. Nervous about leaving my kids for 4 nights when I've never left them even for 12 hours. (Yes, you read that right. Not once in 6 years!) Nervous about dying in a fiery crash on my birthday. (I hate to fly) Nervous that my kids will drive everyone insane or be totally distraught at our absence. Luckily my parents have agreed to take some days and my sister and BIL the nights... But 4 days is a lot of my kids to take. I hope I don't arrive home to find the adults rocking in the corners mumbling. I have friends who have offered to help entertain if the fam should need a drinking/numbing break...LOL! So I guess I SHOULD feel at ease.
Right?
And then there is the worry that while my hard working hubby is off playing in his hockey tourney, that I'll gamble us out of house and home and we'll be forced to live in a box down by the river when we return. (only half kidding. i heart slots) One of the other hockey wives took on a second job last Nov JUST to save mula to gamble with!! Luckily, another of the hockey wives is a photog obsessive like myself and hates gambling so I'll have some one to roam around and shoot the city with. That should help contain me a bit :)

2 comments:
Calm down woman! You are going to have so much fun, you won't want to leave. And the kids need this time away - it will be good for all of you.
And if you decide it is all too much, I can go in your place. Just let me know. ;)
D
A & J were angels and so much fun to be with :) We were the lucky ones! Now where's those Vegas pictures???
Post a Comment