Oct 26, 2007

My Happy Birthday Girl

My little baby is now 6. Six. Siiiiiiix.
It just SOUNDS weird doesn't it? When did this happen? I've felt a strange sadness all day about it. When I think about her new age, I get the 'I'm about to cry butterflies but instead have to take a deep long breath' feelings. (What? Everyone doesn't have those?) I'm sure it's partly PMS (sigh) but knowing that doesn't make it feel any better in the moment.

She had quite a day. It just so happened to be her Kindergarten's class field trip day. They went out to Sweetberry Farm. Yes, she just went with our playgroup but luckily it didn't bore her. They had a few different activities than we had and she was with her new "best friend(s)". It pretty much drove me crazy all morning that she was in a whole other city without Crit or myself. More to the point, having a great time within her childhood and I wasn't standing next to her with my camera visually documenting each step!

When they returned to school she received a special bag full of glittery pencils, purple erasers and other fun Kindergarten kid stuff. I had dropped off some Halloween cookies for her class this morning and the kids were able to sing to and celebrate together.

After school Critter picked her up and took her rock climbing. This was always something they loved doing together and hadn't been able to for a while. And well let's face it, Daddy picking her up in his truck was treat enough. The activity was just a bonus.

We had a spaghetti dinner. Her fave. I've never seen her inhale more food in one sitting. Then she opened up a couple gifts. Little J gave her his first. We had been pleading with him for an hour to stop trying to tell her what was in her gift. He was sooo excited and of course, being 2, doesn't really GET what a secret is supposed to be. So we gave in. He took it over to her and said 'Happy Birfday Awex".... He did an awesome job. He picked out her gift all by himself and she really loved it.


We then gave her one of our gifts. A really cute Webkinz pink poodle that she named Jewel. She didn't know what it was right away (I'm told it's "ALL the rage" in elementary schools these days)but once she logged in, she was hooked.

Then to add to my sadness... while brushing her teeth before bed, one of her 4 loose teeth fell out. She was a tad upset going to sleep saying she looked funny but I'm sure with the attention she'll get, she'll get over it quick.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY DOLL!!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome birthday for my Bright Eyes! And not many people look that beautiful WITH teeth let alone WITHOUT!

D said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Miss A! I can't believe how fast they grow up. Sounds like she had an awesome birthday. :)
D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was just perfect:) Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's growing up to be a little lady! You should be so proud of yourselves for raising such a great kiddo!