Jun 6, 2007

"Miss Barbara Denny"

This title is a tad misleading. Or at least if I were an outsider it would be. I think of a 'Miss' as a very young woman. In all actuality, Barbara Denny, by my calculations, would have to be at LEAST in her early 70s. For you see, this woman was MY swim teacher when I was a young girl. And by some amazing twist of fate, she had moved her home and business down the street from where we eventually moved. After my first experience with swimming lessons through the Y, I knew I would have to look elsewhere. Miss Denny is a high commodity around here. She only reserves a few days to register and you can guarantee that you will spend several hours of continuous calling to get through to her. She costs quite a bit more than the usual lessons too. Well worth it in my opinion! We love her. I'm not sure if it is the grandma figure or she is just 'that good', but in a matter of 8 days, she turned my completely scared to get her head even wet daughter into one who easily dunked under water! With this, she had my sworn business for life!! After season number two, our girl was paddling happily across the short end of the neighborhood pool and scooping squids up off the bottom of the pool.

This is year number three at the Barbara Denny Swim School and after even day one, I was already assured that she was money well spent. (for nana and pawpaw, wink wink thanks guys!) Unfortunately we have one of her other instructors and not Barbara herself, but A is still pleased as she can be. She begs all day.. 'when is it time to go'.. 'is it time yet'..






And J trying to peek in at big sis...



post signature

No comments: