May 21, 2007

What a wonderful man!

The day was ridiculously long! Jordan wouldn't nap. It started raining just as we were heading out the door for our park playdate. My one chance to let them run off some energy was gone. The mold count was off the chart. I couldn't even see straight with the headache that was pounding away.

Needless to say, I had started drinking by 4pm!

I called Crit once I knew he was on the way home. I told him that I hadn't made dinner because I was just purely exhausted. I told him that the kids had already eaten because I couldn't handle one more cry requesting dinner. I told him that if he wanted anything beyond salad, which was the only thing in the house, that he should pick it up on the way home. I complained that I had cleaned all day for my get together Wednesday and that it still was a mess. I told him my head hurt so badly that I was just simply... done.

Enter my wonderful man! He scooped the kids up and wisked them away. No lie. He said he'd be back later with dinner. I was allowed to actually sit down with yet another beer and relax with the TV. A whole quiet hour! It was really amazing. It was exactly what I needed.

Then he returned. He had taken my van to the car wash and cleaned it! He brought in Pei Wei, my favorite. Pad Thai and crab wontons!



I felt so lucky! What a wonderful way to show that he loves me...

...or at least that he loves the kids and didn't want to see me hurt anyone (wink wink)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how sweet! that sounds like a great ending to a crappy day!

they(husbands)should all be so good.

Jenn said...

Good for you, girl! Hubby scored some serious brownie points!

D said...

Aww man! What a great guy! Does he teach classes?

No, seriously.