About nine, a full parade of people and animals came into my bedroom. Miss A was carrying a plate containing a breakfast taco and a slice of toast slathered in blackberry jam. Crit had a jar of hot sauce and a tub of sour cream. And my Little J ran up and threw two spoons towards me onto the bed. While I was still trying to process what was up with the spoons, my sweet girl climbs up on me, hugs me and says Happy Mother's Day.
When I went downstairs to eat (because eating in bed without a tray is a tad on the difficult side) I found this note from Daddy to A. She crossed each item off the list as she went. She blows me away with her reading skills!

Later in the day Robin and I prepared brunch over at mom's. Quiche, Kolaches, croissants and spreads, mass amounts of fruit and by my own special request, many mimosas :) Crit gave me a wonderful card that he made.



They gave me flowers too. So sweet that the kids picked out the flowers that they recognized from the gym. We always comment on them as we walk up and each of us exclaims which color is our favorite. Crit said that Memory Girl told him "Mommy prefers the purple ones".

And of course, what holiday would be complete without our personal Balloon Pimp striking. R got these for the kids to give to me.


And the kicker for the day... As I was picking Little J up off the changing table and turning his light off for bed, I received my very first, totally unprompted, "I love you Mommy".

3 comments:
Awwwwww!!!! That made me cry! How sweet. You have the most amazing family. Happy belated Mother's Day to you. Thanks so much for the ecard. It was very sweet. I am glad you had such a nice day.
D
What a beautiful Mom's day you had!! One for the books, I think!Happy Belated!!
I'm so proud that Critter, Alexis and Jordan saw to it that you had exactly the kind of Mother's day you deserve!
You are such a treasure to Dad-Dad and me!
Post a Comment