Today I'm loading the dishwasher and I see a pink flash fly by from out of the corner of my eye. As I look up, I see A racing toward the living room with her pink Barbie storage suitcase. I don't think twice until I hear my SON holler out "baaaaaa-bies". This of course catches my attention. What will the boy do? Is he going to play with the dolls? Will he dress them up? Will he pop the heads off? Would I be frantically searching for my CPR cheat sheet if Crit were here at this moment? Why do men not want their sons to play with dolls? Grant it.. I'd rather we not own a single Barbie, but I certainly do not mind if J wants to play with a doll in general. What harm could it do? Playing with a doll will not trigger some underlying homosexual tendencies that otherwise would never surface in life. I do not see where this fear for men is generated... especially at the tender age of 2! Regardless, I know this is a plaything that my husband would prefer his boy not enjoy. I am torn. Do I divert his attention elsewhere in respect to Crit's wishes? Or do I simply get the camera and IM this captured moment to my testosterone-filled man at work? Decisions decisions.
Then I hear what makes this all ok. Sweebee opens the Barbie case and lunges for the Barbie in the beautiful long pink gown adorned in jewels exclaiming "I want the pretty one". My son?...Simply screams out "I want the naked one"........
'nuff said.
(and simply for my enjoyment...
Barbie Dishes)
1 comment:
LOL! That cracked me up!!! My hubby is the same way. I can hear his hiney cringe when I tell him about Kiddo playing tea party with the neighbor kids. He doesn't even want to know about the dolls Kiddo pushed in the stroller and how he pretended to fix their hair with a toy blowdryer! Ha!
Good thing to know your boy is ALL BOY! :)
Post a Comment