People take on average 10,000 steps in a day, adding up to 115,000 miles in a lifetime. Alas, there are exceptions to every rule. You see, I'm the mother of Little J. Need I say more? I am heading to the beach in a week and a half and I needed an emergency pedicure! (Quit snickering) I can argue truth to the fact that a pedicure can sometimes be a necessity rather than just mere indulgence. I'm not sure what it is about my feet but I'm pretty sure they are uniquely fugly. Yes, I walk around without shoes a lot. Yes, when I do wear shoes they are usually a pair of flip flops. The elements have a grave effect on my tootsie's appearance. My big toe formed a callus like you wouldn't believe on the outer edge. There was a well-defined shelf on the back of my heel. Something had to be done. So R and I headed for "SPA USA" today. If you have the chance, you must experience this moment with her. She is exceptionally ticklish in this area and it's like watching someone view the funniest movie of all time... while having to pee. She hops, she wiggles and she is hysterical the entire time they are scrubbing the soles of her feet. Makes you want to hug her! The sheer fact that she is willing to accompany me even though the sight of the little Vietnamese ladies using a CHEESE GRATER (absolutely not lying) on my scary feet makes her nauseous speaks volumes about her!
I have cheese in my veins. I had them put on flowers, jewels and sparkles. I figure it's a nice distraction from the size of my big toe and draws the eye away from the odd shape of my second to last digit. As Crit would call them... here are my "Shaniqua Toes"
And this vid just about says it all. This is however, part of the reason we get pedis at USA SPA. They are classic.
1 comment:
Oh Honey, you look so prit-dee!
Seriously, I am totally jealous. I think I'll just wear socks all summer. :(
Glad you got some momma time!
D
Post a Comment