Mar 27, 2007

Real Moms Meme

My wonderful friend Dawn has tagged me for this real moms meme. Sigh... The girl is forcing me to think after many moons of blog break ;)

I can only answer for me. I'm a real mom. I don't really think of myself like some of the other moms I know. Loosen up ladies! Life is short! My answer? Real Moms are young in their lives... they can act as though THEY are the child at times. They break out in song when the kids need a distraction from screams. They do a ridiculous dance when the Noggin tune begins. They scrounge in the giant cat boxes at the park building sand castles for the kidlets to stomp. They race their tots to the mailbox on scooters. But most importantly, we still can keep young for ourselves! We still go to see our favorite alt band. We still manage to get to a bar or club here and there. We spend weekends outside doing active things. Yes... when I had children my life changed. It wasn't about just me any longer. I had short creatures to consider. An element of growing up had to be done. But what good am I if I can't show my children that life is to be enjoyed?? Some may question the fact that one of their favorite bands is the Beastie Boys. And some may raise an eye that they are starting hockey lessons or that we take them to outside rock concerts. But serious all the time equals boredom to me. My kids have a great time. They are not locked within themselves and they are very smart little things. I attribute this to their Real Mom (and Dad). Sometimes this can get away from me. But never for long. This was a great way to remind me of this D. Thanks for the thought!


I tag My Miss Fallen St James. The rules? Finish the statement "Real moms__" and add a picture. (or however many move you!)

1 comment:

D said...

Awesome Mollie!!! I love it! Thanks for playing!
D