Jan 11, 2007

Queen of Procrastination I am



My pathetic self has a billion things to do. I mean this quite literally. Trust me, I counted. Why did I count? So I can procrastinate a bit more of course. Does anyone else out there make lists (color coded that I spent hours working out a key for) to procrastinate? This I have perfected. I have spent too much time erasing and rewriting on my to-do list this morning. Does it really need to have perfectly straight text? Absolutely. Because you see, that way I can put off cleaning the bathroom for another ten minutes. I'm told that crossing things off one's list feels really good. Unless, of course, you are me. Hey, that line wasn't straight. Perhaps if I just erase and rewrite a few times and where is my ruler dammit I can't find the red pen, I can only cross things off with the red pen! I have the neatest to-do lists ever. To bad I never actually DO anything on them.

I am the procrastination queen. We are going out of town this weekend. I have to get the tires rotated and balances, finish the laundry, pack the kids, clean up so the house isn't a wreck when we return... So what's the first thing I do? Sit at the computer and check my email. Then check message boards. Then it is important to research new activities for my playgroup, even though January's calendar is full. Then I have to read all my friends journals. Then update my journal. And oh look, in that time I got new email that I just HAVE to respond to asap, and gee, before I know it it's noon and I am still in my PJs with two hungry children and starving cold dogs, who are still outside BTW.

I would rather do anything than what I am supposed to do. I have a laundry pile a mile high, as you can see. "Honey go get dressed." As if by instinct, where does the girl automatically head? The couch of course. At least if my memory serves me, I THINK there is a couch under that monstrosity! You'd think I padded that pile with toys underneath. Not a chance. I need to get a handle on it. I know this is a necessity. But today? I equate it with putting rabid weasels in my pants. In fact I think I might need to do that first, anyone know where I can get a few rabid weasels? Better add that to my to-do list. Now where did I put the purple pen? Purple is for weasel related items doncha know.

1 comment:

Jamielouwho said...

I can sooo relate. Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.