
My baby. She's my little 4 year old baby. But today she did a big girl thing. She lost her first baby tooth.
Her tooth was loose for several weeks now. She showed anyone, and I DO mean anyone, who would look at how it wiggled. Daddy kept (jokingly) threatening to 'thunk it' out with his knuckle but she insisted that it would come out on it's own. Finally today as we were talking, and I noticed that the tooth was laying down on her lip while we spoke, that it had to be pulled. It was hanging on for dear life by a single teeny root. I swore ten different ways to her that it wouldn't hurt. She gave in. She did jump when I pulled it but quickly forgot when she saw it in my hand. All day she said things like "I love it love it my loose toothies" and "Jordan, when you get 'old' too, your tooth will fall out like mine". She sang a few different versions of her own Tooth Fairy song. She also experimented with different ways to speak, being disappointed each time that she didn't Sound different. heh! She's so cute about it. She feels so grown up.
Her letter from the Tooth Fairy....
Dear Alexis,
Wow-a-zow-wow! What a tooth! I visited the home of thousands of other kids last night collecting teeth and your tooth was by far the best one. It was white and shiny, just how I like them.
I collect teeth in a special blue sack every night and then bring them back to my Tooth Fairy Castle located high atop a mountain. I then sort through my sack of teeth looking for the shiniest white ones I can find.
After placing the shiny white teeth in a big pile on my castle’s back porch I then magically turn them into big puffy white clouds for the whole world to see. So if you see any big puffy white clouds in the sky today be sure to proudly tell everyone that that used to be your tooth!
Pretty soon a new tooth will move into where your old tooth used to be. It is a sign that you are growing up. And being grown up means brushing your teeth after every meal without being told. Brushing is very important because it keeps your teeth shiny and clean and gives you a dazzling smile.
Thanks again for the tooth. Keep brushing. And I’ll be sure to visit again when your next tooth falls out!


No comments:
Post a Comment