It is 17 days before Christmas and we had an ice storm here last night. After we had put Alexis to bed, I am in Critter's office talking to him and we hear this strange clanking sound. We peer outside and see that it is a truck, who for whatever reason, is out trying to drive on the icy road. He would go about five feet and hit his brakes, and again and again, skidding most of the way. He had very squeaky brakes, which is what caught our attention. Alexis comes tip-toeing in about 10 minutes later with this crazed wild-eyed look and a whispering voice and says "mommy... daddy.... I heard TWO jingles outside!!" She was holding up three fingers and of course grinning so hard I thought she might crack something. She thought Santa was out there. Can that be more precious?
No comments:
Post a Comment