This is certainly not anything that I ever thought I would be doing! Essentially writing in a diary? Not really my idea of *me* ya know? But, my friend Jamie showed me hers yesterday and I starting reading, thinking, this would be a great idea for me!! I am always watching my kids do things and thinking, 'That is so cute' or 'that is so important, no way I'll forget that'. But sure enough, a couple days later (or even that night) I'm trying to tell Critter, and I can't remember! What will happen to my memories a year from now? I already try to remember what Alexis was doing at this age when I'm watching Jordan learn things and I don't know. Thank goodness I have so much video on her. I also started thinking about when (once in a blue moon) Critter and I are cleaning out the garage, I run across old notes from from ex's or old HS friends. I just love to re-read them (or laugh at them, heh). Why not create that now? Why not create it for Alex and Jordan later on? Silly, I thought all of these things at about 4:30 in the morning while up feeding Jordan. I started to kind of get excited about it. I probably laid in bed for an hour before I could fall back asleep, my mind racing with all of the things I wanted to write! So, here I am. Ready to dig in. I now wish I could rewind back to when Alex was born so I could start there. Better late than never I guess they say.
No comments:
Post a Comment